All students of Abbotsford Primary School will be kind local citizens and caring global thinkers.
Abbotsford Primary School’s mission is to offer a world-class, holistic, Chinese/English bilingual education that is informed by global best practice and tailor-made for Abbotsford’s local context.
As a bilingual school with a multicultural makeup, Abbotsford Primary School endeavours to:
- Equip students with the capabilities to navigate seamlessly across linguistic and socio-cultural borders (“Learning about diversity”)
- Empower students to be leaders of their own learning (“Diversity in learning”)
- Inspire students to build and maintain global connections (“Globally informed”)
- Instil a culture of empathy and mutual respect for all students to embrace their unique identity (“Locally rooted”)
These objectives together form the two mottos that underpin the work we do:
- “Diversity in learning; Learning about diversity” “多元学习 ‧ 学习多元”
- “Globally informed; locally rooted” “世界接轨 ‧ 在地深根”
“Learning about diversity”
“Diversity in learning”
Why are these values important for achieving our vision and mission?
- Curiosity is the key driver of global citizenship, as it opens our mind and heart to the endless possibilities of this world.
- Seeing learning as an enjoyable challenge motivates us to step out of our own comfort zone and tackle difficult skills (like Chinese!)
- A strong sense of connectedness helps us to feel we belong and that we are all responsible for our school community.
- Caring for all members of the school community ensures that Abbotsford Primary School remains a vibrant, safe and inclusive environment for learning.
- Regarding differences as opportunities to understand new perspectives
- Being open-minded and not making assumptions about how the world ‘should’ work
- Embracing every opportunity to grow, even when it seems difficult
- Comparing yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
- Being inclusive of others in the school community, valuing each other’s backgrounds, perspectives and experiences
- Showing responsibility for the school community and contributing in your own way
- Treating others the way you want to be treated
- Going the extra mile to provide equitable access and giving a helping hand to those in need
School Strategic Plan
To find out our vision and values for the past four years and how we have worked to achieve the vision, please see 2017 - 2020 School Strategic Plan.
Annual Implementation Plan
2021 Annual Implementation Plan
Annual Report to the Community
2020 Annual Report to the Community
2019 Annual Report to the Community